Cell Organelles Bundle
Grab ready to use resources with my cell organelles bundle. Interactive Google Slides activities, beautifully illustrated Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz. Your students will love these engaging activities.
Take a break from planning with my cell organelles lesson bundle!
These are ready to use resources. Students will complete Google Slides activities, labeling and describing thirteen different organelles. They’ll drag and drop to build animal and plant cells, and complete a summary crossword puzzle!
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
- The structure and function of each organelle.
- Whether or not they are contained in animal cells, plant cells, or both.
- Organelles included (13): Nucleus, cell membrane, cytoplasm, mitochondrion, chloroplast, vacuole, rough ER, smooth ER, golgi apparatus / body, lysosome, ribosome, centrioles and cell wall.
My Cell Organelles Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides of engaging activities – see below
- Answer Slides: animated answers for you to present or share with students for them to check and correct their work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading quiz to let you easily check student progress – this includes 2 images that relate to the questions, increasing engagement and recall
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources
13 Organelle slides: naming the organelle, stating if the organelle is found in animal cells, plant cells or both, describing its structure, describing its function and linking this to the structure where possible. There are 2 versions of these slides: open response (blank text boxes) and fill in the blanks (completed sentences with gaps). Students will also complete labels on the diagram of the organelle.
Create a cell: students will drag and drop the correct organelles into the animal or plant cell to build each cell, before labelling it.*
Crossword puzzle: check student understanding of the keywords with this 17-clue crossword.
*If you have purchased the Eukaryotic & Prokaryotic Cells Google Slides, then the “create a cell” activity is highly similar to the create a cell activity included there – the Cell Organelles version has additional organelles as these are being taught to a higher level in this lesson. Please be aware of this before making your purchase.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done – easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!