Engaging and interactive Google Slides to help your students learn about viruses!
The Google Slides are packed with tasks for students to complete, including labelling viruses, comparing their size to cells, true or false, questions on an article about a “zombie virus”, labelling a diagram of the lytic cycle and more! They are interactive and fun activities, brought to life with my unique clip art.
Full, animated answer slides are included & a self-grading Google Forms Quiz as an easy assessment of student progress!
- Size of viruses compared to cells
- Basic structure of viruses
- Why viruses are considered non-living (+ further reading on this)
- Bacteriophages – structure and how they work
- Reproductive cycles – lytic and lysogenic
- Comparison to cells
My Viruses Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 16 slides of engaging activities, including:
- True or false introduction to see what students currently think about viruses (reviewed at the end)
- Drag & drop cells, viruses and DNA into size order to compare
- Labelling the structure of viruses
- Reading and highlight text passages
- Watching an informative video about Bacteriophages*
- Creating labels for the lytic cycle
- Drag and drop DNA components to demonstrate the lysogenic cycle
- And more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that is it – your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Viruses Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There is a video hosted on YouTube – please check YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.