Skip the lesson prep with this ready to use bundle of Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for Lipids.
These resources are a great addition to your biomolecules / macromolecules unit. Students will learn all about types of lipids, including triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes and steroids. These are brought to life with custom clipart and interactive activities, e.g. drag and drop to build a phospholipid cell membrane! The Digital INB is designed for ease of use, with all technical tips included – simply assign on Google Classroom.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Plus, a self-grading Google Forms Quiz lets you easily assess student progress. Images are used to support questions and increase engagement.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Lipids Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides* of engaging activities, including:
- labeling triglycerides and phospholipids
- building a phospholipid bilayer (cell membrane)
- identifying fatty acids as saturated or unsaturated
- creating a cholesterol fact file
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work.
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. There are 14 questions in total. Images are used to support some questions.
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource.
*Note that some of the activities have two versions for differentiation
- Fatty acids – structure, functional groups, saturated vs unsaturated, cis and trans fatty acids
- Triglycerides – formation by condensation reaction, structure and function in the body
- Phospholipids – structure and function in cells – brief look at the function of the cell membrane
- Waxes and steroids – these are covered more briefly – what they are and examples of each
- Cholesterol (a steroid) – LDL and HDL cholesterol, where it is produced, effect of too much cholesterol in the diet, how to reduce cholesterol levels
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There is a link to a YouTube video (not necessary for the activities but a nice introduction to lipids) – please check YouTube is not restricted in your school. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.