Review the structure and function of lipids with these engaging and rigorous Doodle Notes.
This macromolecule is brought to life with custom clipart for each type of lipid. Triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes and steroids are all covered. Each page of the doodle notes has tasks for students to work through to demonstrate their understanding. There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to increase challenge. Assign the color versions for digital learning with a PDF editor like Kami or print them for high engagement.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Fatty acids – structure, functional groups, saturated vs unsaturated, cis and trans fatty acids
- Triglycerides – formation by condensation reaction, structure and function in the body
- Phospholipids – structure and function in cells – brief look at the function of the cell membrane
- Waxes and steroids – structure and function – examples of each
- Cholesterol (a steroid) – LDL and HDL cholesterol, effect of too much cholesterol on diseases
- 2 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and these Doodle Notes in my Lipids Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.