Lipids Google Slides
Lovely lipids – these Google Slides activities bring this important macromolecule to life! No prep and maximum fun – with drag and drop triglycerides, building a phospholipid bilayer, and more fun activities!
Fun Google Slides activities to engage your students in learning about lipids!
Your students will look at the structure and function of triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes and steroids. These are brought to life through interactive tasks, such as drag and drop triglycerides to show their arrangement in water, labeling a phospholipid, highlighting a passage of text, completing a word fill, carrying out research and more.
There are answer slides and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – yep, there is no extra work for you!
- Fatty acids – structure, functional groups, saturated vs unsaturated, cis and trans fatty acids
- Triglycerides – formation by condensation reaction, structure and function in the body
- Phospholipids – structure and function in cells – brief look at the function of the cell membrane
- Waxes and steroids – these are covered more briefly – what they are and examples of each
- Cholesterol (a steroid) – LDL and HDL cholesterol, where it is produced, effect of too much cholesterol in the diet, how to reduce cholesterol levels
My Lipids Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides* of engaging activities, including:
- labeling triglycerides and phospholipids
- building a phospholipid bilayer (cell membrane)
- identifying fatty acids as saturated or unsaturated
- creating a cholesterol fact file
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. There are 14 questions in total.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
*Note that some of the activities have two versions for differentiation
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to go with this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Lipids Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There is a link to a YouTube video (not necessary for the activities but a nice introduction to lipids) – please check YouTube is not restricted in your school.
You’re tired, stressed and have lesson prep to do for tomorrow. You deserve a break. Get this ready-to-use lesson and take the evening off for yourself.