Regulation of Gene Expression Bundle
Regulation of gene expression can seem a little dull and complicated – this lesson bundle will help bring it to life! Engaging Google Slides, fun Doodle Notes, and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – ready to download and use today.
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for Regulation of Gene Expression!
This bundle is low prep and ready to use. Custom clipart is used to help students visualize how mutations impact the proteins synthesized in a cell.
Students will work through the five mechanisms of regulating gene expression, brought to life with engaging illustrations. There are introductory activities to recap protein synthesis and address the importance of regulating gene expression. Once students have completed the Google Slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They’re also great for homework, sub plans, and study guides.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Regulation of Gene Expression Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 24 slides of engaging activities, including:
- intro questions and diagram to recap protein synthesis
- video* on the importance of regulation of gene expression
- reading and highlighting information
- labelling fun diagrams
- determining impact of mechanisms on gene expression
- plus more!
- Answers: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including an image to support some of the questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- What gene expression is and why it is important
- Mechanisms of regulating gene expression:
- Transcription factors
- DNA methylation
- Histone acetylation
- Operons – with the example of the lac operon
- Interfering RNA
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. *The video is hosted on YouTube – please check that YouTube is enabled by your school/district. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.