My Structure of DNA Doodle Notes are the perfect way for your learners to visualize the structure of DNA!
Zooming in on a cell, they’ll see how the nucleus contains chromosomes, and that these are made of coiled DNA, with its double helix structure and individual nucleotides. Giving them the “big picture” helps them understand how each part links together. They’ll also look at the scientists who helped uncover the structure of DNA, describing and doodling each DNA discovery! Scaffolded and open response versions are included for easy differentiation.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Location of DNA
- Structure of DNA – components of a nucleotide, complementary base pairs, bonding, double helix
- DNA studies / discoveries – Miescher, Levene, Chargaff, Franklin, Watson & Crick
My Structure of DNA Doodle Notes include:
- 2 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Structure of DNA Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You deserve a life outside of school. Take some time back for yourself with these low prep Doodle Notes.