Need some low prep resources for your lesson on viruses? My viruses lesson bundle is fun and ready to use! You’ll get Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes, and a self-grading quiz – with full answers and handy teacher guides.
A fun bundle of resources for your viruses lesson!
These resources are rigorous, yet engaging for students. Custom graphics are used to bring viruses to life, helping students visualize their structure and reproductive cycles. Students will complete Google Slides activities, including labelling viruses, true or false statements, reading an article about a “zombie virus”, labelling a diagram of the lytic cycle and more!
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
- Student Google Slides Activities: 16 slides of engaging activities, including:
- True or false introduction to see what students currently think about viruses (reviewed at the end)
- Drag & drop cells, viruses and DNA into size order to compare
- Labelling the structure of viruses
- Reading and highlight text passages
- Watching an informative video about Bacteriophages*
- Creating labels for the lytic cycle
- Drag and drop DNA components to demonstrate the lysogenic cycle
- And more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources
- Size of viruses compared to cells
- Basic structure of viruses
- Why viruses are considered non-living (+ further reading on this)
- Bacteriophages – structure and how they work
- Reproductive cycles – lytic and lysogenic
- Comparison to cells
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done – easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!