Genetic Engineering Bundle
Need a lesson for tomorrow? My genetic engineering bundle is here for you. Interactive Google Slides, beautifully illustrated Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – all ready to use.
Ready to use resources for your genetic engineering lesson!
The Google Slides are bright and packed with engaging graphics. Students will drag and drop to show the process of genetic engineering, label diagrams, consider their own opinions on GMOs and more! All tasks are clearly explained, along with technical tips so that you can focus on teaching.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
- Student Google Slides Activities: 13 slides of engaging activities, including:
- researching interesting examples of GMOs
- drag & drop to create a diagram of how bacteria are genetically engineered to produce insulin
- labelling a diagram of genetically engineering a glow-in-the-dark cat
- sorting and ranking benefits & risks of genetic engineering
- considering their own opinions on genetic engineering
- and more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- The process of genetic engineering – in both animals and bacterial cells
- Examples of genetic engineering
- Benefits and risks of genetic engineering
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.