Sex-linked Traits Bundle
Clear and thoughtfully designed activities for your sex-linked traits lesson. These will help students understand how sex-linked traits are inherited, with custom graphics to illustrate concepts. These are ready to use, with full answers and a self-grading quiz included!
Let me plan your sex-linked traits lesson for you – you deserve a break!
Your students will love the interactive Google Slides activities. These include 6 practice problems for different sex-linked traits, and a “create your own problem” to challenge students. The slides are bright and engaging, with custom graphics used to help students understand concepts.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Sex-linked Traits Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 17 slides of engaging activities, including:
- labelling diagrams
- answering questions
- filling in speech bubbles about inheritance of sex
- completing 6 practice problems with Punnett Squares
- creating a problem of their own!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Autosomal VS sex chromosomes
- Inheritance of sex
- Sex-linked traits – explanation & practice problems for X-linked recessive conditions
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You’re tired, stressed and have lesson prep to do for tomorrow. You deserve a break. Get this ready-to-use lesson and take the evening off for yourself.