Genetics and Heredity Unit Bundle Google Slides
Let me save HOURS of your time, with these no prep Genetics Google Slides! These are engaging and rigorous, packed with a variety of activities to help your students learn all about genetics and heredity. They come with answers and a self-grading quiz, so they really are no prep for you.
Your students will love these genetics Google Slides, and you will love all the time you save by using them!
Colorful and interactive, the Google Slides are packed with fun activities designed with custom clipart. Your students will be engaged and active in their learning. Activities include interactive Punnett squares and dihybrid crosses with drag and drop phenotypes, inheritance pictionary, building and completing pedigrees, and more!
Every lesson comes with full answers and a self-grading Google Forms quiz. Tasks are clearly explained, along with digital tips so you can focus on teaching. A teacher guidance document will take you through everything you need to get started.
These are no prep resources – simply assign to Google Classroom.
My Genetics and Heredity Google Slides Unit Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: engaging and interactive activities for every lesson – these are provided as both individual lessons (for teachers who wish to assign lessons one-by-one) or as a whole digital interactive notebook (for teachers who wish to assign the whole unit in one notebook) – choose the format that works best for you and your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quizzes: 5 self-grading quizzes to let you easily check student progress. Questions are supported by images where suitable
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources – there is also some guidance to help you decide if you want to use the whole digital INB or the individual lessons
- Mendel and Punnett Squares: Mendel’s experiments and discoveries, genetics keywords, how to construct and use a Punnett square/monohybrid cross
- Dihybrid Crosses: how to construct and use dihybrid crosses to work out the probability of offspring phenotype
- Non-Mendelian Inheritance: codominance, incomplete dominance, multiple alleles, polygenic inheritance, pleiotropy, lethal alleles
- Sex-linked Traits: autosomal and sex chromosomes, inheritance of sex, what sex-linked traits are, how they are inherited, and examples
- Pedigrees: the purpose of pedigrees, how to construct and analyze pedigree charts, pedigrees and X-linked traits.
Benefits of my Google Slides Activities and Quiz:
- They are practically zero prep – simply check over the slides and assign to Google Classroom
- They promote independence – students can get stuck into tasks quickly
- With vibrant colors and illustrations, students can really visualize the topic and interact with it
- Students will develop their technical skills through interactive tasks
- They bring technology into the classroom in an accessible and easy way, with clear instructions for teachers and students
Get rigorous and fun lessons for your genetics and heredity unit at amazing value!
How do I use the Google Slides and Quizzes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDFs to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quizzes to your students on Google Classroom
And that is it, your lesson prep is done!
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There are some links to YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Get ahead on your lesson planning with this unit of activities and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.