These low prep Doodle Notes are a great way to review the nucleic acids DNA and RNA.
Your students will label parts of a nucleotide, match up base pairs, color code parts of DNA and RNA and show their locations in different cell types. There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to increase challenge. Assign the color versions for digital learning with a PDF editor like Kami or print them for high engagement.
There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Structure of nucleotides – molecular structure, comparison of ribose and deoxyribose sugars, and simplified diagrams
- Structure of DNA and RNA – purines and pyrimindines, bonds involved, base pairing rules
- Functions of DNA and RNA
- 2 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Do you use Google Slides in the classroom? Grab these Doodle Notes and Google Slides activities in my Nucleic Acids Bundle for extra value.
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Enjoy taking an evening off school with with these ready-to-use Doodle Notes!