Ready to use resources to save your time! This pedigrees lesson is ready to use – no prep Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes, and a self-grading quiz. These are fun for your students, and include tasks like drag & drop to build a pedigree chart, and creating their own superhero pedigree!
A ready to use pedigrees lesson that your students will love!
This value bundle will help your students navigate the tricky topic of pedigrees. The interactive Google Slides start with an animated explanation of how pedigrees work. Students will then drag & drop pieces to construct a pedigree chart, before working through practice problems. This is a brilliant way for students to be active in their learning, and to cut down on lecture time.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep.
Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Pedigrees Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 22 slides of engaging activities, including:
- animated slides of how pedigrees work
- 7 practice problems
- a video and questions on how pedigrees link to Punnett Squares
- a brief recap of sex-linked inheritance
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including two pedigree chart images to support questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
Pedigrees content covered:
- The purpose of pedigrees
- How to construct a pedigree
- How to analyze a pedigree
- Pedigrees and X-linked traits (these slides can easily be deleted if your students do not need to know about sex-linked traits).
Please note that the activities assume an understanding of heredity & Punnett Squares – if you have not yet taught this, please check out my Mendel and Punnett Squares Google Slides.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.