Pedigrees Doodle Notes
Your students will love using these pedigrees Doodle Notes! They review the parts of a pedigree chart, and then there are two practice problems. On the last page, students will even design their very own superhero pedigree chart! Download and print now.
Engaging and clearly laid out, these Doodle Notes are perfect for helping your students understand pedigrees.
This topic can be a little tricky, but with a clear example, practice problems and a chance to construct their very own superhero pedigree, this resource will boost your students’ confidence!
There are multiple versions of the notes for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students, or the open response version to challenge students. And the color version can be used for digital assignments with a PDF markup tool like Kami.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! They work great for reviews, sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students, or let them check their answers.
- Construction of pedigrees
- Analysis of pedigrees, including working out the probability of offspring inheritance of genetic disorders
Please note that students should already know how to use Punnett Squares – if you haven’t covered this yet, you can view my Mendel and Punnett Squares Bundle here.
My Pedigrees Doodle Notes include:
- 4 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions* – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Want more activities for your pedigrees lesson? Get these Doodle Notes AND my mitosis Google Slides and Quiz at a discount in my Pedigrees Bundle.
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. *Two of the four pages are not scaffolded as they are practice problems. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.