Selective Breeding Bundle
Skip the lesson planning with this ready to use selective breeding lesson! Bright Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes to review, and a self-grading quiz to check student progress – all bundled up at discount – woohoo!
A fun and low prep bundle of resources for your selective breeding lesson!
Help your students visualize the process of selective breeding / artificial selection with these engaging activities. The Google Slides include an illustrated Emma the Teachie video to show students how this process works. They’ll then build their own example of selective breeding, using drag and drop rabbits and other pieces! They’ll also read an article about selective breeding in chickens to consider the ethics of selective breeding.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement.
All of these resources come with answers and handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Selective Breeding Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 12 slides of engaging activities, including:
- an Emmatheteachie video to illustrate the process of selective breeding
- drag & drop rabbits to build up the process of selective breeding
- a research task
- an article and questions about selective breeding in chickens
- student thought activity
- and more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work.
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including two images to support questions.
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 5 versions, including scaffolded and color, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- The purpose of selective breeding
- How selective breeding occurs
- Examples of selective breeding
- The ethics of selective breeding (specific examples)
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Taking too much school work home? Let me help you with my ready-to-use biology resources and enjoy having more time to do what you love.