The Cell Membrane Bundle
Skip the lesson prep with this ready-to-use cell membrane lesson! Engaging Google Slides, fun Doodle Notes, and a self-grading quiz. Your students will love the bright and engaging graphics, and you will love how low prep this bundle is!
Fun and easy to use resources for your cell membrane lesson!
These resources are low prep, and include all of the information your students need to know. Students will learn about the structure and function of the cell membrane. The Google Slides activities are bright and engaging, with custom graphics to clearly illustrate the components of the cell membrane. There are a variety of activities, including reading & highlighting a passage of key information, labeling diagrams of the cell membrane, and describing the importance of each component.
Once students have completed the Google Slides, the Doodle Notes are a wonderful review activity or homework. Plus, a self-grading Google Forms Quiz lets you easily assess student progress. Images are used to support questions and increase engagement.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Cell Membrane Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides of engaging activities, including:
- highlighting a passage of information
- labeling a cell membrane
- describing the structure and function of components of the membrane
- plus more!
- Note: some of the activities have two or three versions for easy differentiation
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 11 questions in total
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 6 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Structure of the cell membrane – components covered:
- Phospholipid bilayer
- Integral proteins
- Peripheral proteins
- Receptor proteins
- Transport proteins – channel and carrier proteins
- Functions of the cell membrane:
- Cell signaling
- Cell recognition
- Cell adhesion
- The role of cholesterol
- The Fluid Mosaic Model of the cell membrane
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.