Cell Organelles Google Slides
You will love using these Google Slides to help your students understand cell organelles! These are custom illustrated to help students visualize the structure of each organelle. And they easy to use – just assign on Google Classroom!
Interactive Google Slides activities to help your students learn about cell organelles!
Custom clip art is used to clearly illustrate each organelle in a diagram for students to label. They will then describe the structure and function of the organelle. There are two versions of this main task – open response and fill-in-the-blanks – for easy differentiation! There are fun follow-up tasks, like creating an animal cell using the correct organelles.
Answer slides are included and you’ll get a self-grading Google Forms Quiz, so there’s no extra work for you!
Organelles covered (13):
- Nucleus, cell membrane, cytoplasm, mitochondrion, chloroplast, vacuole, rough ER, smooth ER, golgi apparatus / body, lysosome, ribosome, centrioles and cell wall.
My Cell Organelles Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides of engaging activities – see section below
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
13 Organelle slides: naming the organelle, stating if the organelle is found in animal cells, plant cells or both, describing its structure, describing its function and linking this to the structure where possible. There are 2 versions of these slides: open response (blank text boxes) and fill in the blanks (completed sentences with gaps). Students will also complete labels on the diagram of the organelle.
Create a cell: students will drag and drop the correct organelles into the animal or plant cell to build each cell, before labelling it.*
Crossword puzzle: check student understanding of the keywords with this 17-clue crossword.
*If you have purchased the Eukaryotic & Prokaryotic Cells Google Slides, then the “create a cell” activity is highly similar to the create a cell activity included there – the Cell Organelles version has additional organelles as these are being taught to a higher level in this lesson. Please be aware of this before making your purchase.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Ta-da, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Cell Organelles Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.