Engaging activities for teaching your students all about photosynthesis!
My illustrated Google Slides are packed with varied activities for students to work through. They will learn about the importance of photosynthesis, equations for it, the structure of the leaf and chloroplast, and more! Including drag and drop, labeling diagrams, and more. These are zero prep activities – just assign and let students work independently.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework assignment. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Photosynthesis Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 24 slides of engaging activities, including:
- reading passages and questions
- drag and drop to label diagrams
- word fills
- plus more!
- Note: some of the activities have multiple versions for differentiation.
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work.
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 13 questions in total.
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including black and white, color, scaffolded, plus a completed example & answer key presentation.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource.
- Evolution of photosynthesis
- Autotrophs and heterotrophs
- The process of photosynthesis (basic)
- Word and symbol equations for photosynthesis
- How the reactants are obtained
- The structure of the leaf: epidermis, waxy cuticle, palisade mesophyll, spongy mesophyll, guard cells and stomata
- Xylem and phloem
- Role of the stomata
- Structure of the chloroplast
- Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis
*Note: the reactions of photosynthesis are NOT covered in this lesson – you can find these in my
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done – easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!