Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Big Unit Bundle
Engaging and rigorous resources for your photosynthesis and respiration unit!
These topics are pretty tough for students to understand, so these resources are designed to break each process down into manageable chunks. The slides are custom illustrated so that the concepts shown are suitable for high school students. Activities are clearly explained and are varied to keep students engaged. And you can choose how to assign the slides – as individual lessons, or you can use the whole unit digital interactive notebook.
Once students have completed the Google Slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review. These come in multiple versions, so you can easily differentiate for your students and grade levels. And to prep, all you need to do is print a class set of the notes!
Every lesson comes with a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress – these are self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
This bundle is suitable for High School Biology and AP® Biology Cellular Energetics Units.
My Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Big Unit Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: engaging and interactive activities for every lesson – these are provided as both individual lessons (for teachers who wish to assign lessons one-by-one) or as a whole digital INB (for teachers who wish to assign the whole unit in one notebook) – choose the format that works best for you and your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quizzes: 3 self-grading quizzes to let you easily check student progress for each lesson. Questions are supported by images where suitable
- Doodle Notes: in multiple versions for easy differentiation:
Open response versions – to challenge your students
Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support your students
Black and white versions – perfect for coloring in
Colored versions – assign digitally with a PDF mark-up tool, e.g. Kami
- Plus, there is a completed example to model the notes for students, and to let them check their answers
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources in your classroom
- Photosynthesis: Evolution of photosynthesis; Autotrophs and heterotrophs; The process of photosynthesis (basic); Word and symbol equations for photosynthesis; How the reactants are obtained; The structure of the leaf: upper and lower epidermis, waxy cuticle, palisade mesophyll, spongy mesophyll, guard cells and stomata; Xylem and phloem; Role of the stomata; Structure of the chloroplast; Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis.
- Photosynthesis Reactions: Locations of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions (the Calvin Cycle); The stages of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions and how these two reactions are linked; Alternative methods of photosynthesis: CAM and C4 pathways of photosynthesis
- Cellular Respiration: What ATP is and how it works – ADP, phosphorylation, release of energy; Overview of cellular respiration – definition, importance, word and symbol equations; Stages of aerobic cellular respiration – Glycolysis, The Krebs Cycle, The Electron Transport Chain – location of each and basic steps involved; Fermentation / anaerobic respiration – ethanol fermentation and lactate/lactic acid fermentation – basic steps involved, products of each.
- BUNDLE BONUS FILES: this is a bundle exclusive – you will get extra Google Slides and an extra sheet of Doodle Notes for the comparison of photosynthesis and aerobic cellular respiration! You won’t find this separately in my store! Note, the extra slides are found within the whole unit Digital INB.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDFs to make copies of the Google Slides and Quizzes for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP files to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which versions you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your photosynthesis and respiration unit is prepped!
Please note: These resources are digital downloads – no physical products will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There are some links to YouTube videos – please check YouTube is not restricted by your school. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.