Photosynthesis Reactions Bundle
Looking for ready to use resources? Grab my time-saving photosynthesis reactions bundle now – you’ll get engaging Google Slides activities, info sheets, Doodle Notes and a self-grading quiz. Download instantly!
Skip hours of planning with these ready to use resources for your photosynthesis reactions lesson!
Two illustrated handouts describe the light-dependent and light-independent reaction/Calvin Cycle. Students use these to complete the Google Slides activities, completing missing labels on diagrams and describing the steps of the reactions. A fun summary crossword is used to check key understanding.
Designed for student comprehension and engagement, these are perfect for High School Biology and Advanced Biology Cellular Energetics units. Plus they are zero prep activities; just assign and let students work independently.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Photosynthesis Reactions Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 30 slides of engaging activities, including:
- sentence match-up
- labeling diagrams
- completing descriptions of the stages of reactions
- research task
- summary crossword
- and more!
- Note: some of the activities have multiple versions for differentiation
- Student Information sheets: 2 documents covering the steps of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions. These are available as a Google Doc and a PDF option to share with your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 15 questions in total
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including black and white, color, scaffolded, plus a completed example.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource.
- Review of photosynthesis basics
- Locations of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions (also referred to as the Calvin Cycle)
- Reactants and products of each photosynthesis reaction
- The stages of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions and how these two reactions are linked
- Alternative methods of photosynthesis: CAM and C4 pathways of photosynthesis
Required prior knowledge:
To be able to fully understand the photosynthesis reactions lesson, students should have already covered these concepts:
- The “big picture” of photosynthesis – where the reactants come from, basic equations, importance etc.
- Organelles – chloroplasts, membranes, etc.
- Diffusion, active transport and concentration gradients
- Basic biochemistry – knowledge of ions, atoms, protons, electrons, chemical formula of water, etc.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.