Do you need a lesson for tomorrow? Skip the prep with my proteins bundle. Fun Google Slides activities, engaging Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – ready to download at the click of a button!
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for Proteins.
All bundled up and ready to use!
These low prep resources are a great addition to your biomolecules / macromolecules unit. Protein structure and function is brought to life with custom clipart that your students will love. The Google Slides have interactive tasks like labeling an amino acid, creating a polypeptide, matching proteins to functions, and more.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Proteins Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 15 slides of engaging activities*, including:
- labeling an amino acid
- showing dipeptide and polypeptide formation
- describing and labeling levels of protein structure
- matching protein functions and examples
- an article and questions
- plus more!
- Answers: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. There are 14 questions in total.
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
*There are two versions of the Google Slides for easy differentiation.
- Amino acids – molecular structure and functional groups
- Essential and non-essential amino acids – what these are
- Levels of protein structure – primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary – structure & bonds involved in protein folding
- Functions of proteins – description and examples of different types of proteins
- Protein misfolding / prions – impact of this on disease
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There is a link to a National Geographic article for one activity – please check this link will work for your students. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.
Leave a Reply